How To Login To 192.168.0.1? A Step By Step Guide On How To Reset Password And Configuration Of Router
In this step by step guide on How to Login to the Admin Panel of 192.168.0.1, we will have a look at each step and guidelines.
If you are reading this you must know What is 192.168.0.1? However, if you don’t know about it. Let’s have a quick look at it.
What is The IP Address 192.168.0.1?
As in common, the IP address 192.168.0.1 is a default IP that is used by most of the broadband routers like D-link, Netgear, etc for the intent of configuring routers.
Some other addresses such as 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.1.1 are also used in other brands of routers. Also, only a specific IP address can be used by a single device which is connected to a network.
For router settings, 192.168.0.1 is a common IP address which is used by many hardware manufacturers as their routers’ default IP address, but users can use the control panel to replace it as per their requirement, such as 192.168.1.1.
Usually, password to this IP address varies depending on the settings by router’s manufacturer, but commonly they are:
Username (case-sensitive): admin
If you have changed the password of the router then enter the password that you altered. In case you have forgotten the password, then there is no need to worry about as you can reset the router in order to obtain the default password.
Generally, router settings are mentioned on the backside of the router, which includes the IP address, default login username, and password of the router. They also record the serial number of the router on some of the labels. If you can’t find them there, then just take a look at the router’s manual guide.
In many cases where two devices are trying to use one IP (like 192.168.0.1), a problem called IP conflict occurs and the user has to encounter error messages such as ‘The device has failed to connect via the internet browser’ or ‘The computer fails to connect to the network’.
Unable to Login to 192.168.0.1 IP Address of Your Router?
Unable to login into 192.168.0.1 is a common issue encountered while login to admin panel of the router, there might be many reasons, likely, your router’s admin IP address isn’t 192.168.0.1, etc. Here we show you some of the common solutions to this issue.
Step 1: In such cases, the first step is to validate whether the Internet is shared by the router or not. If yes, then you can try the IP address 192.168.0.1 and make sure if it is pre-configured by your router. Normally the details are written on the router’s manual guide.
Also in case, you don’t know the router’s username and password, you can check it on the manual or simply search them on the search engine. Also, mostly router id password given at the backside of your router. Kindly check once for router id and password which is given default.
You can check below image, I have taken myself to explain you how you can easily find your router admin and password.
They are generally ‘admin’, ‘guest’, some kind like these. In case, the password is changed, then the best suggestion is to reset the router by pressing a small hole beside the ports of the router.
Tip: Find it carefully and you can use a toothpick to stick to the hole for about 10 seconds in order to reset the default settings of the router.
Step 2: Ping the IP 192.168.0.1. Firstly, click on the taskbar at the left corner of your desktop, and then click ‘Run…’, or just press ‘Windows Button on keyboard + R’. At the pop-up window, you have to type ‘cmd’, then enter ‘ping 192.168.0.1’ in the pop-up window, just remember that there must be a space between ping and 192.168.0.1.
Then wait for the results, if the window shows you ‘Request Timed Out’, it means your computer is not connected to your router successfully and if it shows ‘Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes =32..’, then, congratulations! The network is running properly.
What to do if it shows ‘Request Time out’?
- Firstly, check whether the cable lines are properly connected to the desktop. I have taken photo of my router which you can see above which is easy to understand.
- Then check the lines are correctly plugged into the right ports of the router. The ‘WAN’ port should be plugged with the internet cable that is coming from your network provider.
- Check whether the IP address of your computer is configured properly or not. For that,
- Right click on the ‘My Network Places’ and then click ‘Properties’,
- Click the Right button on the ‘Local Area Connection’ and then click ‘Properties’,
- Click ‘Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and then click ‘Properties’.
- Check whether the IP address you entered is correct or just leave it to ‘Obtain an IP address automatically’.
You can ping your router successfully if all the steps are configured OK.
How to Setup Your Wireless Router?
- Firstly, open your browser and enter http://192.168.0.1,and make sure it’s not www.192.168.0.1 or 192.168.o.1 If you still confused click below button.
- Then a dialog box will pop-up asking you for a username and password, enter the default username and password.
- Then router setting panel will be shown to you, there’s always a setup wizard which will lead you to set different configuration.
- During configuring the Internet option, select PPPoE (DSL virtual dial-up), and it will ask you for an account username and password which you get from your network service provider. Fill the details in the forms and save the data, then your network should start working smoothly.
- In the final step, you need to set up a strong password for your WIFI, which will make sure that your wireless router won’t be a public free WIFI provider.
How to Change Router Wifi Password using 192.168.0.1 admin Panel
It is necessary to Secure your router password to avoid unnecessary access publicly which will secure your connection.
If you want to change or secure your wifi router password using ip address 192.168.0.1 then follow the steps given below including screenshot.
First login to your admin panel using ip address of your router 192.168.0.1
After login to your admin panel you will redirected to admin panel thereafter click on wireless option.
After click on it next click on wireless setting.
When you click on wireless setting from your admin panel you will see admin panel as shown below.
In this admin panel setting you can see your current password.
Type the password which you want to keep but before typing password make your its secure and you have to remember it.
After enter your new password click on the save button as shown In above screenshot. Now you have successfully changed your router password.
192.168.0.1 is one of the private IP addresses, that are used by different routers to identify themselves on a network.
If you have a router that uses 192.168.0.1 IP address and you know its login username and password, you can type this IP address into the URL field of your web browser to log in, and change any router settings as per your need.
Little Word For this post :
I tried my best to share each possible information with you and I have just share my knowledge here for the people who don’t know the simple process for how to login admin panel, change password and reset router using Ip address 192.168.1.1.
All the images which are uploaded on this article are taken myself which will easy for understand for users. If you are still confuse or have any query regarding router login then you can simply comment below your query I will try my best to give reply to your every comment.
By the way Thanks for reading my article if you find this tutorial helpful then please try to share it keep spreading love & Word. Have A nice Day Ahead !